thumbnail

my take on BOOTLEGS / FAKE kits...





I have been blogging for a little over a year now and I have 809 posts as of this writing. I have always shied away from discussing this topic both here and even in our MAC forums though. I feel like posting about it now as it has been one of our active discussion thread in the forums these past few days.



PERSONALLY I do not support the bootlegs stuff from whichever company who produces them. I owe a lot to Bandai competitions thus I would never support these stuffs. I have bought one a couple of years ago and I must say that I was blown away ( sarcastic ) and will never buy another one in this lifetime.



Some people say they are good for battle damaging kits and even kitbashing, but heck I do this and this to original Bandai kits. No need to buy knock offs for your dioramas or even kit bashing. If you can't afford to battle damage or kitbash original kits, then just paint them nice and clean and do not modify them.



We at MAC FORUMS however, would like to maintain the liberal state of the forums and not hamper the free flow of ideas. We would never BAN people for simply discussing bootlegs in the forums. But let me make this clear...



I think I have only allowed ONE bootleg painted kit in the forums as the modeler asked me if he could post it. I told him that he could post it in the forums, just DO NOT BRAG about the kit being a bootleg. I mean, do not go to our forums, post a bootleg kit and say... " Look guys I modified and painted this bootleg kit and it is now looking as good as the original Bandai kits! ".



I would not personally BAN people or scrutinize people coz they can't afford to practice and battle damage original Bandai kits. SO, maintaining bootlegs in the discussions is very much allowed, though we HOPE to never see a bootleg kit in the WIPs or completed section in the future.



Needless to say, MAC forums does NOT allow bootlegs in the Hangar but will continue to tolerate it in the discussion threads.



Good day guys, Just enjoy the " original " hobby! LOL










Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.